Wednesday 4 March 2020

Tuesday 3rd March - Acorn Open, Paddock Snake Lake

Quick summary.....

Looking ahead the best day of the week was going to be Tuesday but with the tide wrong on the local river and also it was still a bit of a mess I decided to go along to the Tuesday Open at Acorn Fishery run by Mike Chapman.
I haven't done any good for a long time on this venue and a lot of the guys who fish it go twice a week, Tuesday and Sunday so they are ultra familiar with the pegs.

I had a look at my carp top 2's and the elastic was err...rotten so decided I would just fish for silvers.

I did get there in plenty of time but missed the draw as I was waiting down at the site office where it used to be done but Mike put another 3 ping pong balls in the bag and I drew out 27 which is pretty rubbish if you wanted carp this time of year but no worries for me.

3 lines today, 6 sections straight out in front, 7 sections down to my right a meter out from the bank and 7 sections at 2 o'clock all lines had the same depth, about 3.5 foot. Two top kits with 6 elastic, one with a 4x12 and the other 4x14  as the wind was blowing up a bit. Size 20 wide gape hook on both rigs.

Dead chopped worm (that's another story) with caster and pinkie and Clive Bransons Black Bream mix for ground bait.


I settled in and began carefully preparing my 3 lines with a small ball on each.

I picked up fish, skimmers, roach, perch and a couple of small tench off and on during the 5 hours. I did loose what I think was a couple of bigger tench which may have made a difference.  It was an enjoyable day and made a change from chucking the feeder out which is all I have done so far this year.

I weighed 9lb 9oz, 17lb won the silvers by organiser and venue regular Mike Chapman off island peg 2.

1. Ant Piekielniak 40-00 p35.
2. John Andreas 37-04 p40
3. Mike Owens 33-13 p15
4. Mike Chapman 28-14 p2
5. Bob Smith 21-06 p13
6. Eddie Wynne 19-00 p7
Silver's
1. Mike Chapman 17-00 p2


So a nice day and it stayed dry for once.

Prepping now for the Team Qualifier with Nomads at Evesham on Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment