Tuesday 30 July 2019

Wednesday 24th July - Staverton Open

summary as follows....

Only 14 of us today so the first peg in was 29 and spread out upstream to 77.

I drew 77 and to be honest it looked nice with lots of chublets swimming about on the surface. The peg was set back a bit from the water and I had to do a bit of gardening to clear the lilies in front of me but didn't take long.


2 waggler rods, one at full depth and one at half depth, both with 18 B611's to 0.11 in case bigger chub showed and needed this to get them out of the nearside lilies.

I did set up the pole for fishing just over the lilies but it was so weedy it stayed up the bank.

Just decided on a maggot and hemp approach today and ended up having bites most of the day with chublets and later on some net roach at full depth. Thought I had about 8lbs but weighed 6lb 2oz. On reflection I think I should have concentrated more down the middle at full depth and fed heavier for the roach as they were worth having. 

Chub pegs dominated again with Robbie Kephner having a few big boys late for 13lb 4oz, I am told he lost a few as well.


Robbie with his winning catch

Full results as follows....




No comments:

Post a Comment