Thursday 4 July 2019

Catch up - various

Following the practice match on the Huntspill on 23rd June I had a session on my local River Kenn with Brian Gay from Anglers Mail on Tuesday 25th June for a write up which in next weeks publication (9th July). The River is a bit temperamental at the moment and I only had one bream a about 8 perch but its potential is tremendous and well worth the £20 annual membership.

I returned again to Staverton for the Wednesday Open. A good turn out of around 20 this time but a couple ventured down on the Tone for the Evening Open to do some chub bashing.
Not quite sure why but the high numbers were in this week....i.e. the 70's and I drew 73. I know from my limited experience here that its pretty shite and shite it was the 2 anglers above me packed up early as well as myself. Before driving off I walked down to Neil Richards who was catching perch close in on the pole and he ended up winning our section.
The chub pegs that were in didn't fish and Richard Chave won the match with 8lb odd of whip caught white bait.


winner Richard Chave

It was back on the Huntspill on Sunday for the 2nd round of the Super League. Although the main weights are impressive it fished rock hard in all of the sections above Woolavington Bridge. I drew smack bang in the middle of the North Bank and weighed a miserable 11oz. The section was won by Dave Micklewright on the first peg with bream for 24lb odd followed by Derek Coles 5 pegs down with another 4 bream. The section immediately below me was won with 5lb of micro roach!

Summary of section weights....
A - 7lb 13oz
B - 24lb 14oz
C - 5lb 13oz
D - 8lb 13oz
E - 12lb
F - 12lb 15oz
G - 55lb 2oz
H - 43lb 1oz

Individuals

1st    Andy Power 55lb
2nd   Nige Evans  47lb
3rd    Nick Ewers  43lb
4th    Andy Powell 37lb
5th   Andy Jane 27lb
6th   Dave Micklewright 24lb


Andy with part of his catch (Andy Power Angling FB page)


The top 5 were below Woolavington Bridge.

Thatchers done a tremendous job with 5 section wins I believe.

As a team we crashed out big time and last on the day....we are better than that and it's hit us hard.

So overall we are 6th from 7 teams.

I was back at Staverton yesterday (Wednesday 3rd) and drew 29 again were I was 2nd in the first match with 12lb plus of chublets.
Well it didn't happen, the biggest fish I had was 5oz in my 3lb 8oz net. No chub really fed and with the roach not feeding properly it was that man Richard Chave again who targeted the white bait again and won the match with 9lb plus WTF ! The roach must show sooner or later mustn't they? 


Richard did have a couple of better fish this week

Back on the Huntspill this Sunday for Round 3 of the Super League....hmmm ....


No comments:

Post a Comment