Thursday 9 July 2020

Wednesday 8th July - Bristol Avon, Staverton Open

Back for the midweek Staverton Open which attracted 30 anglers again.

I picked up peg 11 which i have never fished before.

The peg looked nice but when plumbing up the depth was all over the place and seemed to resemble a Manhattan Skyline. The only clean run through I could get was just shy of 13 metres. It was top 4.5 deep and little or no flow so not good.

Nothing over ground bait at all except bleak on the way down.

After an hour I decided to feed hemp and fish tares.

Soon had a 6oz roach and netted it only to miss the keepnet with it ....£$^&*!!!

The fish were responding and I wish I had proper hooker hemp with me so had to persevere with the smallest tares. Lot's of bites but from small roach that couldn't take the tare properly.

Ended up with 4lb 10oz which was pretty average for the whole match length . Turns out I had the golden peg as well and given that 11lb odd won the match I felt if I had the hooker hemp I might have challenged that.

Weight sheets and results below..









No comments:

Post a Comment