Monday 13 July 2020

Sunday 12th July - S W Super League Round 2, King Sedgemoor Drain

Back down the KSD for the 2nd Round of the Super League.

The ''Zoom Draw'' which I received late Saturday afternoon put me back on A section this time A16 where the winner came from the previous week and a couple of pegs down so happy with that. Chris was also a few pegs down from last week on B3 as was Sam on C2. Both B and C have been tough. Mike who has now had his tag removed was officially permitted to venture out of the Principality and ended up on D11 at Bradney, also a tough area.

I done a full matrix peg by peg showing the weights from Round 1 as a guide, we also had some info on how our pegs were approached. The weather this week was completely different and we expected it to be a lot harder.

Warm sunshine, clear skies and little wind greeted us on the day of the match and a few tweaks were discussed when we met up at Sedgemoor Services on the M5.

After breaking the trolley down to go through the kissing gate at Parchey Bridge (good practice for the lower Avon) I only had a short walk to A16.

Above me was organiser Dave Micklewright and below me Steve ''Stretch'' Saunders (end peg) so if there were bream about he would have them on his favourite corn or worm.

My peg was down the bank a bit but other than that the same as any other with a few lilies either side 5 metres out.

My approach the previous week seemed to work so that would be my baseline for today. I did set up two identical short pole rigs in case I destroyed one (bagging up), both 1 gram with 20 hooks. One longer line at around 11 metres with a 2 gram and an 18. In addition I set up a 6 metre whip, waggler and feeder all of which were not used.
GB was Lake and Canal Black.

Fishing was 11 - 4.
Nets in at 10:45

I fed both pole lines first, 4 balls long and 2 short, plenty of hemp, caster and dead pinkie. A bit of chop was also put in long.

Starting off short I was ready for some fast and furious action....., 5 minutes later still waiting....oh dear, this was defo not in the plan. 10 minutes in and the float goes under and a small pommie, they've arrived. Well a few did then they went.
I could hear a bit of splashing either side of me from Dave and Steve but couldn't see due to bushes.

My short line was not productive at all so I fed a big pot of hemp and went out long.

That was better and a bite first put in. Quite a few roach followed and after that dried up I fed another couple of nuggets.

The inside line produced a few more roach and mommies but you would catch a couple, maybe four and that was it. Re-fed and back out long.
I had 4 skimmers one after the other just fishing beyond my ground bait. Not big but around 1lb plus each.

My day went like this, catch a few nearside, feed, go long, catch a few, feed, etc.

It wasn't fast and furious but I knew listening to what was going on it was fishing hard. I didn't get off the box all day and felt I was doing the right thing.

Ended up with 10-1 which was 2nd in the Section worth £60. 14lb won the Section from A1.

Here's my board....



Kev Bennett who won my Section also won the match, 2nd was Mark Bromsgrove with 14-5, 3rd Jake Fowles 13-13 and Liam Bradell with 10-12.

I was 5th overall so not bad out of 68.

So 3 matches in a row on KSD and 3 pick up's.

Team wise we blew out.

Very well done to Thatchers Sonubaits with a great performance on the day.

Lot's of public on the bank today dive bombing off the bridge, swimming, canoeing and sunbathing, nightmare for B and C sections.

Staverton this Wednesday, Clevedon Charity Open on the Kenn Saturday and Round 3 of the Super League Sunday at Staverton and Barton Farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment