Thursday 7 February 2019

Tuesday 5th February - Tuesday £10 er's Paddock Lake Acorn Fishery Kingston Seymour near Clevedon

I usually fish a few of these matches during the winter run by Mike Chapman and Ray Bazeley. The weights are not stupid and if you have around 30lb you can usually frame. I didn't fish at the weekend as we were due to go off to Mid Wales but the snow kept us at home so was looking forward to wetting a line.

11 turned up which is about average this time of year and Mike spread the pegs out around the lake so we all had plenty of room. Rain was forecast later in the day and with a bit of luck we would miss it. There was a brisk wind though and I ended up right in the thick of it after drawing peg 15. I did set up a sobbing rig for right across but after about 10 minutes or so I gave up as presentation was crap and there was a danger of the pole breaking in the wind. Instead I fished the track for most of the day feeding micro and maggot with maggot on the hook with 6 sections using a 4 x14 to a wide gape 18 to 0.11. I had another rig down to the pallet on my right.

It was slow going and for the first hour not a lot was happening and then I started to get a few small dips on the float but nothing positive. I shallowed up slightly and found the culprits were small roach and skimmers. I did have a couple and then they backed off.

Near the end of the second hour a good bite and it went solid before screaming off pulling out the white hydro. It was a foul hooked 5lb carp (in the tail). I didn't rush it and managed to net it.
I saw Eddie Wynne have a few below me on peg 21 and the guy up on peg 6 but that was it.
A few more skimmers followed after adjusting the depth and a couple of roach and perch were taken down by the pallet.
I lost another carp at the net and then next put in had a right lump, it took ages to get in and must have went 10lbs plus and felt I was back in it. I added a pasty carp and another of about 4lbs before the all out.

The scales started at peg 40 and worked around to the low numbers. I walked down to Eddie to met them were Paul Faiers was also waiting. Paul fished for silvers all day and weighed 7lbs. I took a look at the weigh board and 20lb was best with 5 pegs left to weigh. Eddie put a great net of carp together and weighed 39lbs, I think we all knew at that point that he won it.


Eddie Wynne (UTG)


I weighed in 4lbs of silvers and 19lbs 11 oz of carp for 23lbs 11oz so lying 2nd at this point but I thought peg 6 had more and Cadbury Angling boss Dan Hurley on peg 9 said he had about 25lbs.

Well it was close but I hung on in 2nd place to cover my costs plus a small profit.

Results:

1st   Eddie Wynne 39lb 9oz
2nd  Ivan Currie 23lb 11oz
3rd   Dan Hurley 23lb 7oz
4th   John Mills 23lb 2oz

Silvers:

1st   Bob Smith 11lb 2oz
2nd  Mike Chapman 8lb 11oz

This Sunday I am fishing with my Club, Clevedon Freshwater A C against Fry's A C on Horseshoe Lake which is part of the Plantations complex at Kingston Seymour, think it will be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment