Monday 11 February 2019

Sunday 10th February - Clevedon Club Match v Fry's AC, Horseshoe Lake

I don't get to fish many of my local Club matches but with nothing else on I booked into this one. The Match was originally scheduled to be on the bigger and more prolific lake at the Plantations complex in Kingston Seymour but the owners have stopped Weekend Matches on it now trying to get anglers to fish the smaller Horseshoe Lake. We decided to give it a try. There is some improvements being made but quite a bit more to do.
We were fishing an inter club against Fry's today as it seems to be the way forward in order to get more anglers on the bank especially when booking a Commercial.

14 of us in total today after a few no shows. 10 pegs around the perimeter and 4 on the island.
I drew peg 10 which was deemed a good peg but opposite me at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock I had 2 anglers on the island and the distance from my bank to the island is only about 14 metres.

Anyway, I got stuck in plumbing up and had a good 5 foot in the middle and 5' in the left hand margin by some reeds. Right across at 13 metres I had about 4' so depth was not a problem on all lines.

Fry's Ray Cooper was opposite me at 2 o'clock and had a foul hooker on after about 20 minutes. Looking down my bank no one else was catching but I could see Mark Bromsgrove catching roach on the whip over on the island.

3 pegs to my right I saw Paul Ratcliffe catch a small carp on the corn, he had a sunken island in front of him and he was fishing up against it, I was still bite less as was Matthew Davis opposite me at 10 o'clock.

It was fishing rock hard but Paul to my left added a skimmer to his earlier carp.

Paul Faiers who was end peg on the island packed up after catching a few see through roach and went off to watch the football.

Ray opposite had another foul hooker and lost it plus he missed a bite down the edge under a tree and ended up squirrel fishing. He also packed up well before the end.

Shortly afterwards Matt Davis packed up as well.

I had one small dip of the float and a liner, that was my excitement for the day and I also packed up 30 minutes before the all out.

The anglers who had no one opposite them all caught my part of the lake was dire.

Pete Sivell of Fry's had a good day after switching to the pellet feeder and had some right lumps for first place by a country mile.


Pete Sivell

Full results as follows:

1st     Pete Sivell Fry's AC 37lb 12oz
2nd    Ade Crawley Fry's AC 17lb 10oz
3rd     Mark Bromsgrove Clevedon 17lb
4th     Steve Bonwick Clevedon 14lb 14oz

Silvers
Paul Ratcliffe Fry's AC 7lb (default)


Some more pics


Mark Bromsgrove


Steve Bonwick


Paul Ratcliffe

So .... one to forget



No comments:

Post a Comment