Thursday 27 October 2016

Wednesday 26th October - Pleasure session River Kenn

Summary of the session as follows:

Fished 10:00 - 15:00
Peg 34 which is immediately above Strode Rd. Bridge in Clevedon.
River had a little bit of flow and was going in the right direction due to the high tide earlier in the morning.
The previous days rain had put a little tinge of colour in the water for the first time in months.
Bait was left over red and bronze maggots plus some 3 week old worm and about 1 kilo of left over ground bait from Sunday.
Fed 4 balls of chop and a few maggots at the start using the pole cup at 13 meters which is about mid way across the river.
Used my usual 1 gram float to 18 hook on 0.12 fluro carbon hook length, 5 elastic.
Had roach after 20 minutes up to 8 ozs.
First bream came after 2 hours and the other two around 13:00 and 13:30, roach came fairly steady in-between.
I had approx 10 lbs of quality roach and the bream averaged about 5 to 6 lbs each.
I used no more than about half a pint of chopped worm and approx quarter pint of maggot, all the ground bait was used.
Due to being on the river once a week now dog walkers are getting to know me and control their dogs a lot better, in fact they shout out hello and I have used them to take pictures of my catch.
This has been my best year on the Kenn since joining the Clevedon Club in 2008.


No comments:

Post a Comment