Wednesday 25 November 2020

Wednesday 25th November - River Kenn

 I fished  the Kenn the previous Sunday and blanked, not a bite. Unbelievable as it was the same peg I fished the Sunday before and had a double figure net of roach as did most others on the day. During the week prior to last Sundays session it fished its head off including giving up a bag of 9 tench. That was my second blank on the river this season but that's the Kenn for you.

I went back again today even though based on reports received it was still fishing hard. I decided on the second peg above Strode Rd Bridge, peg 34, normally a good winter peg and less than a 5 minute walk from where you park. This was the first time I had fished this section since last March.

On arrival I could see that the EA had dropped the level by about 2 foot but the flow was steady. 

I decided on a waggler line halfway between the middle and the bottom of the far shelf where it was about 5 foot deep. I set it a few inches over depth it order to simply trip it though or hold back towards the end of the run down.

The water was also gin clear and I could see all of the 4 metre keep net.

A 3AA waggler on 4lb line, 0.11 hook length and a size 18 B611 hook. 2 number 8's and then 2 number 10's spread out completed the set up.

Feeding about 6 red maggots every run down I kept plugging away and was bite less after 90 minutes. I feared the worst again but then out of the blue the float slide away and ''tench on''. A lovely fish around 4lbs.

A few more runs down and not a bite then .... a decent roach, lovely.

After this it wasn't manic but I had regular bites especially at the end of the run.

Well pleased with how I fished today and felt I got the approach and rhythm just right. Thanks to Chris Ford for the photo.



Never give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment