Thursday 7 March 2019

Wednesday 6th March - Avon League final round Chippenham

This league has been plagued by the weather and river conditions from start to finish and today was no exception.
Heavy overnight rain brought the river up a little but it was also very dirty. I drew 2 pegs above the town bridge and set my stall out for bream as did Steve Rogers below me.



It soon became apparent they were not going to feed and after 90 minutes I had 3 roach. The river became dirtier and dirtier as the match progressed. I managed to land another roach and a 12oz perch before the end. I thought I had the section with only 3 out of the 6 bothering to weigh in.

Steve weighed 4oz, me 1lb 7oz and team mate Mike Martin done me weighing 2 small skimmers and so bits for a level 2lb. But....he did buy me fish and chips.


I'm not smiling, I'm in pain as I hurt my back

Steve Palmer won the match with a couple of bream for 11lbs and there were 2 4lb weights for 2nd and 3rd.

The league was won by Steve Palmer, second was Nicky Johns and third Tony Cinicola.

Well that my river fishing over for another season, can't get out the last week but fishing Don Sutherland Memoral Silvers Match at Viaduct on Saturday, came 2nd last year.



No comments:

Post a Comment