Tuesday 8 January 2019

Tuesday 8th January - Pleasure session River Kenn Clevedon

Quick summary..

Fished peg 8 near the sea wall from 11:00 - 15:30
High Tide was just after 08:00 so when it finally turned at 10:30 I had flow all day which is important.
Only had 1.5 pints of maggots with me and 2 waggler rods but only set up one. I was targeting roach today.
Due to the level being dropped for the winter it was only 5 foot deep down the middle but I decided to fish across on the shelf where it was 4 foot.
3AA Waggler with number 10's as dropper and 3 as bulk.
Took ages to get a bite and it was a big slab. Bites were hard to come by and I only missed a couple. Only had one roach and the best bream was 8lb 10ozs.

Angler 2 pegs above me didn't have a bite.

What a day in January on my local river.


No comments:

Post a Comment