Monday 7 April 2014

Sunday 6th April - Clevedon Club Match Woodlands Lake Trinity Waters

I was in two minds whether to fish this match and was thinking of going 'fluff chucking' on Chew as I have not been out this year yet but looking at the weather report it would not have been much fun so booked in for Woodlands. I was determined to put a decent weight together and simply focus on one or two methods instead of messing around between carp and silvers. So the plan was pellet, meat on the pole and bread for the first hour on the straight lead. On arrival it turned out only 6 were booked in, this was due to the Kev Perry Series of 6 matches starting on the Clubs Paddock Lake, I think there could be one other clash but not sure. Weather was not as bad as forecasted and in fact most of the day was ok ish. Adie put us all in a row (no spare pegs inbetween just like it used to be)on the car park bank with the wind mainly coming from behind. I drew 29, Mark 'the paste' Walsh was next to me followed by Adie, then Rich Heatley, Lee Williams and John Wolstencroft. Fishing was when we were all ready which was 09:45 until 15:30 just in case in hammered down as forecast. I had on line at 14 meters for banded 8mm pellet, a shallow rig for the nearside margins which would also act as an up in the water rig and and a heaver rig for the margins just in case a few munters moved in. I cast out the popped up bread on the all in and kept feeding the 14 meter line with 6 mm pellet with the catty (continuously) the margins had been fed with mirco and a little meat. After about 10 mins I had a liner so cast out again a bit shorter and had a pull around almost straight away, I got the fish into the margins and it snagged me so one nil to the carp. Back out again and I had another after 15 mins, netted successfully this time and 5lb to my credit. One more followed before the first hour was up. Mark next to me was fishing paste short and feeding micro, lot of fizzing in his peg (skimmers) and he caught a few early on. The weather was quite mild and there were the odd fish topping. I had been loose feeding at 14 meters for an hour by this stage so went out on the shallow rig to have a look. The float dipped a few times but nothing on the end when struck, a fish came to the top and I must have put the pellet right on it's nose and soon an F1 of about 2lb was in the net. I went out with the 'at depth' rig and had a few fish, tench, skimmers, roach and decent carp but foul hooked and lost quite a few. Mark next to me had a mid match spurt on the paste but it died off, I could see Adie catching but he too did not land everything, foul hookers and the hook pulling out. I just stuck it out on the 14 meter line for the rest of the day. First to weigh was John Wolstencroft, John had a decent match catching in the margins during the latter half. Here is John with part of his catch and a big munter which weighed around 12lb.

and here is his munter...


Next to weigh was Lee, he had 3 weighs in total and did win the match, part of his catch below


Rich and Aidie were next but did not take a pic for some reason but Rich said he had only 20lb but had more than double that and Aidie had 90lb odd.
Mark even though he had a poor second half did well and included this 15lb munter.



I was last to weigh and included a 12lb - 13lb munter in my 88lb odd bag, part of my catch below.



So the weather was not as bad as forecasted and we all had a good day, here is the weigh sheet...



In summary....

1st Lee Williams 117 -06
2nd Adie Baker 90 - 08
3rd Ivan Currie 88 - 08
4th John Wolstencroft 78 - 04
5th Mark 'the paste' 67 - 01
6th Rich Heatley 52 - 03

494lb between 6 anglers!

Readers of this blog might remember I mentioned John Wolstencroft got a personal number plate for his new Audi, here it is....

No comments:

Post a Comment