Tuesday 2 April 2013

Almost back to normal

Well I have finished my studies and taken 2 x 2 hour written exams and submitted a 3500 word assignment. The main question I keep asking myself is..... 'how the %&*£ did it all happen? You would think at 57 and after 35 years working for the same company I would be able to relax. Anyway job done, results in early June, hope I do not have to take a re-sit!
I don't think I have missed that much on the fishing front as its been bloody cold. I did manage a couple of hours fluff chucking on Barrow near Bristol but didn't get a pull, neither did the other 6 anglers who were there longer than me. After an intial stocking in early March they have backed off.
I did catch 4 mice though in the garage. I forgot I had left some bags of ground bait in my carryall instead of putting them away in a plastic container, they seemed to prefer the Sensas Magic as opposed the Noire. I had 2 on cheese and 2 on bread (bit like chub fishing).
Clevedon Club had another excellent turnout at the meeting just before Good Friday which is very encouraging as we have a lot to get on with, I think the future is bright.
Fellow blogger Jamie Rich has had a good run this winter and done exceptionally well down at Summerhayes, check his blog for more info I hope to go down there again later in the month.

My mate Steve phoned me today to give me the final bill for the Ireland trip in mid Sept which we are really looking forward to, its a week after the World Pairs event in the waters around Cavan and Monaghan. We used to fish a lot around Bailieborough and Virgina especially Lough Ramour for the big hybrids, we also caught a lot of trout, not like this one though that was recently caught by a young Dublin angler fishing for pike with smelt, it weighed around 12lb. I have seen my feeder leave the water many times on this Lough as the trout jump once they have been hooked and they are all natural, no stocking.





I was hoping to fish a Clevedon Club Match on Apex this Sunday but my brother is not too well at the moment so will be flying over to N Ireland on Saturday coming back on the Monday night.

Well I hope to get out soon again and hopefully it will have warmed up as well.



  

2 comments:

  1. Shame you are not fishing sunday, weather is looking more 'fishy' and Apex will fish ok.
    But families are more important.

    The fishing has been pretty poo, and very peggy it seems.

    No signs of the ospreys over Barrow? They've been over Chew...

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the mention Ivan, hope to see you back at Summerhayes soon

    ReplyDelete