Thursday 4 February 2021

Wednesday 3rd February - River Kenn

 Back on the Kenn again but where else would I go. I only hope travel restrictions will be eased a bit to enable me to travel a bit further next month, the numbers appear to be going the right way.

The tide was not right for fishing today but I went anyway, needed my midweek fix.

High tide was at 09:38 so would turn until 2 hours plus later so no rush. Got on the bank (peg37) at 11:00 and was set up by 11:20. Only a feeder rod again today as the water was still coloured and expected to push through quite hard.

With choppy and caster in the feeder and half a dendra tipped with maggot on the hook I had a little knock 15 mins in while the river was still. Encouraging I thought and next cast had the culprit, a 10oz perch.

The tide turned at approx 12:15 and as expected it ran off pretty hard and the level dropped about 3 foot over the next 2 hours.

I managed a 4oz roach down the middle before coming in on the inside with the straight lead and maggot loose feeding maggot. 

Lots of bites but they were very small roach, only hit one of them (2oz) but good to see them there. Most of the time the maggot was just mouthed at the end.

I called it a day at 16:00.

Still I didn't blank and there's always another day. Just need the rain to stop and the river to fine down a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment