Monday 29 April 2019

Sunday 28th April - Gloucester Canal Teams of 4 Spring League Round 2

This is going to be hard...........

So onto the 2nd Round of this popular League. I say popular but even a lot of those taking part have the same opinion of the ''Glossy'' as they do ''marmite''. I would say after this match a lot will lean more towards butter and marmalade if you get my drift. Me....I still like marmite.
I may have started off writing a load of bollocks but need to write something ffs.

I also need to big up Dave Micklewright who has been running the League this year especially this Round. Apparently his Ferry was delayed from Ireland by Storm Hannah and he didn't get home to 02:00 I hear, and was up again to sort the draw out at 07:30.

Our Senses Nomads Team today was....
Chris Hook
Sam Johnson
Geraint Powell
Me

Sections for todays match were Pilot Up, Castle Up and Down plus Saul Junction.

Chris came back with the draw plus we had the scales and boards although they were only for sections of 10.

Sam had end peg at Pilot Up, Geraint was Castle Up, Chris was Castle Down and on 440 right in the middle of the part sunken barge opposite. We had pleasure fished this area and if he could have ran to his peg he would have. I was on 463 at Saul.
Chris said he would follow me and park at Saul which was a mistake as it was a long walk what ever end you came in on but afterwards wished he had parked at Castle.

As I walked up the Canal I was hoping I was in the big bay but with the pegging having been re-done I was well out off it and in an area I had drawn twice before and really struggled. But....job to do.


Standard Glossy set up today, 2 pole rigs and 2 feeder rods, same lines as previous posts. Ground bait was also the same mixes.

Paul Nicholls was to my left and we had a £1 on it.

While we were setting up the angler to my right had plumbed up and took the plumet off to shot his float better when a 2lb skimmer actually took a bare hook. It was nicely hooked in the lip! That was the only good sign on our pegs.

I started off on the bread and about 20 minute in a small skimmer hung itself just as the feeder hit bottom under the barge. Paul to my left had a similar sized one on the pole down the middle.

I had one more small knock on the tip and a big liner and that was it.....nothing on the pole lines or fishmeal feeder line...utter crap.

Pauls £1 and mine was safe as we both weighed 6oz.

Andy Powell comfortably won my section off the end peg in the bay as expected, the board shows how the weights got worse towards me.


I caught up with Chris at the Car Park and his peg did not produce. We fished in this area last year and had a great day.


Sam done well winning his peg section but look at the weights.....



Geraint done ok with 6lb odd giving him 3rd in the 10 pegs and 5th in the big section.

The winning weight was 38lb plus from a noted and expected area with high and mid twenties backing weights.

Sensas 88 won the day.

I think we finished 14 from 19.

Back on the Feeder Canal Wednesday for a morale booster.



No comments:

Post a Comment