Saturday 20 April 2019

Wednesday 17th April - summary of pleasure session Gloucester Canal

Team mates Mike Martin, Chris Hook and I met up to have a feeder session on the Glossy down by the sunken barge at Castle.

Mike opted for the pointy end of the boat which must have been peg 439, I went on the blunt end 441 and Chris set up on 442.

We all fished the feeder but different approaches. Chris started off on the hair rigged bread, me straight on the fishmeal and chop with caster and Mike on the dead reds.

It was a slow session but there were fish about. Mike done the best by far sitting it out for a bite and not feeding as much as me for sure. He had a nice mixed bag of high double figures compared to Chris and I who had around 6 - 8 lbs.

Mike also had the prize for the strangest looking fish, a hybrid which had the tail of a chub.

2 pints of Guiness at the end of a lovely spring day went down well.


Nice bag from Mike


shouldn't have fed so much me thinks


No comments:

Post a Comment