Sunday 29 April 2012

Sunday 29th April Clevedon Club Match cancelled but here's a blog from last year 'coaching at Trinity Wildmarsh'

This morning I woke up around 6:45 and could hear the wind howling and the rain beating against the window. I was still in bed at 7:00 when Mrs. C says ' are you not getting up to go fishing' my reply (and she nearly fell out of the bed) 'I don't want to', she had NEVER heard me say that before. I could just see a couple of us turning up at Bullock's Farm, have a breakfast and then go home. I decided to send a text to Steve Bonwick who was down to run the match today to see if it was still on. It didn't take long for a response - match cancelled due to adverse weather, another first for as long as I can remember.

So...... here is a good news blog from last June (and I was not fishing!).

I promised to take a friends son fishing for his birthday (he wanted to give itg a go) so arranged to pick him up one Saturday morning last June in Axbridge and we would head down to the Trinity Waters complex just outside Bridgwater. I planned on setting him up on Woodlands Lake in the hope he would get some carp up in the water on the pellet waggler, I would feed for him and he would hang on, that was the plan. On arrival there was a match on Woodlands but Wildmarsh a lesser carp venue was free, all I had was pellet and corn. A quick chat with Misha at the fishery suggested bream were coming out on the pellet. Wildmarsh was busy but we fould peg 48 to be fairly attractive with plenty of room either side. George the birthday boy was quite surprised at the amount of kit I loaded him up with!


I decided to keep the set up simple, 12' medium feeder rod, 4lb line, small method feeder with wetted micro and a 6mm banded pellet to a 16 Maver MT6, the banded pellet not buried inside the micro. I clipped up for him at approx 30 meters and showed him how to cast and tighten up. George was a natural and his concentration was amazing for a young lad who was probably more familiar with playing coumputer games or just chilling out (sleeping). Although in the pic below he does look asleep.


After about 10 minutes I could see there were fish in and around the swim, the 2 oz tip went into a gentle bend I told him to lift into it, if he had of made contact the fish would have come flying out of the water like a polaris missile from a submarine. Suitable words of advise were given and he was soon back out waiting for the next bite. A short while passed, tip went around and this was the result.


George's first fish and as you can see he is clearly delighted. Due to his early success he was soon back out waiting for the next bite and didn't have to wait long, skimmer after skimmer followed and then he lost a carp. He did have a carp about an hour before we packed up, carp and skimmer catch below.





A great days fishing for a 'first timer' Wildmarsh although a commercial fishery is a more natural lake, will definetly spend some time there this year, roll on the summer or did we have it a few weeks ago?


It's now 12:30 and still persisiting down, I might take a walk over to Acorn and Plantation to see how the anglers are doing in the Kev Perry Series about 2:30 also need t plan my next outing, maybe todays match will be rescheduled for next week. To all you hardy souls that fished today, well done and hope you dry out before next week, tight lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment