Friday 15 January 2021

Wednesday 13th January - Pleasure session River Kenn

 Compared to the previous Sunday it was a totally different day today. 6 degree's, a light wind, overcast with a little drizzle now and then and the tide turned at 10:00 ish meaning it would flow the right way all day.

I arrived on the bank at 09:30 and there was no one above Strode Rd. bridge so I went on 35, on elf my favourite pegs at this time of year.

Chest waders on and went out into the mud and water just past my knee's. bait waiter on a bank stick, keepnet and a groundbait bowl in a metal ring fixed to an old broom handle. Two lots of maggots and half a pint of caster on the waiter and spare shot, hook lengths, towel, catapult in the bowl. You need to have all your gear to hand as once you are in .... you are in for the session.

As with the previous Sunday I decided to feed caster and fish maggot. Waggler approach again and first trot down a small roach. Started to feed caster every trot and soon had the roach lining up catching about 6 in as many run downs. 

The roach went and then started to get some tidy perch around 8oz to 12oz.

I bumped a good fish at the end of the trot as I did not hit the bite hard enough. The trouble is when you are tripping the bottom in order to target the better fish the float gets dragged under now and then and I get complacent. 

90 minutes in and I had my first of 3 big tench all around 4lb plus. The session also produced some monster perch pushing 2lbs each and a carp ending up with around 25lb, packed up at 15:30.

Absolutely loving my pleasure sessions on the Kenn at the moment but you have to pick your day.







No comments:

Post a Comment