Tuesday 19 January 2021

Sunday 17th January - Pleasure session River Kenn

 Well here we are again back on the Kenn again due to having to fish locally. I must say it appears most anglers are following the guidance this time around and remaining within their local area in order to fish, the ban on matches has also helped to achieve this.

I do enjoy fishing the Kenn but it is affected by the tide and high tide today was at 09:40 meaning the river would be backing up from 08:30 and not turn until around 11:40. It was a 12.9 metre tide as well so the run off would be quite fast.

Matt Davis was already parked up when I got to Strode Rd Bridge at 08:15 and told me 2 anglers were already settling in on the reeds above peg 36 and peg 38. Matt had already spoke to them and checked their permits.

Matt went in on 36 and reserved 35 for me. That'll do I thought but didn't mind where I went. The banks were well trodden and muddy due to high activity from other anglers towards the end of the week probably due to the catch reports I posted on the Clubs FB Page and my blog.

Later in day the day I spoke to Chris Ford who told me no one caught anything of any consequence after my visit last Wednesday.

There were small fish topping everywhere as I set up but as soon as the water became still due to the tide coming in they stopped. 

I knew it would be a long couple of hours until the water went the correct way but Matt and I managed a couple of small roach on the wag in the lake like conditions.

Kev (Perry) turned up and went in on 34 again and other anglers began to turn up. I knew of at least 12 on the bank today one of which was Jeremy Salisbury who used to run the Veals store in Old Market with his father Mike. Good to see him on the bank.

The tide turned and the river remained pretty fast for the rest of the session, weed and dirty water came off the moors as well.

I ended up with 6 roach and 2 perch none of which were any size. That was probably the most fish caught along the whole river today.

I am getting a bit fed up with this local fishing to be honest as we have not got much choice to go elsewhere if the river is all wrong i.e ..tide, level and weather but I suppose I should be grateful that I can get out unlike a lot of other sportsmen.

I might try and get out on Friday 22nd Jan as this is the best day during the week and the tides are a bit better, will pertaining be back on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment