Monday 24 June 2013

Sunday 23rd June - pleasure session on the River Kenn peg 3

I was determined tp fish the Kenn on Sunday whatever. After a busy Saturday running around and a late night due to a BBQ I didn't get up until 08:30. The wind was gusting still and very strong a times. I stopped on Strode Rd bridge to have a look before deciding where to fish. Due to the wind direction and force I opted for the bottom end hoping the sea wall and sluice gates would offer some protection, in hindsight I should have gone up to peg 21 which is on a bend. There had been no evidence of anyone fishing on any of the first 6 pegs which is unusal for this time of year.
A wag and feeder rod was set up and 4 jaffa's deposited down the track. I started on the wag and alough did manage to cast ok in the wind it did not move much due to the force of the upstream wind, I did persevere for an hour, only had one bite which I missed and put the rod behind me.
Out on the feeder and after 30 mins had a good pull around and a perch around a pound graced the net, a few more followed and then the eels moved in. I caught around 8 of them and even foul hooked one in it's middle which shows how many there were around. After 4 hours I called it a day ending up with approx 5lb. The wind did not help and I am sure if the wag was presented correctly I would have had more.
Clevedon have the 2nd Saturday afternoon match this week but I have a wedding to go to but I hope to get back on the Kenn on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment