Sunday 2 June 2013

Saturday 1st and Sunday 2nd June, short sessions on Chew

First of all I did manage to do planned maintenance on my top kits and am all ready for the next Clevedon Club Match next Sunday which is on the main lake Shiplate Farm.
I had a few jobs to do again this weekend but did manage 2 late afternoon sessions from the bank at Chew Valley Lake.
On Saturday I got there about 3:30pm and was fishing by 4pm, the wind was off the bank on Lodge , it was warm but not blazing sunshine all the time so perfect conditions. I set up a red diawl bach on the point and 2 black buzzers as droppers. First cast I had a pull, on the 3rd cast I had my first fish, quickly followed by another 30 minutes later. At around 5:30 pm I had another one and a decent size. More pulls followed but no firm takes until just after 6 pm when I had another making by bag limit of 4 fish. I did fish on for 30 mins as you can catch and release but no other bites.
Saturdays fish went 2lb, 2lb 4oz, 2lb 12oz and 3lb 6oz so not bad at all.


The 4 fish ready to be cleaned and freezed

I was also fending for myself concerning a Saturday night meal and had defrosted part one of the fish I caught from Hawkridge the other week so cooked it in oranges in the middle, scored on the outside and salted, wrapped in foil, cooked for 30 mins with new potatoes and mixed veg, can't beat it.


bring on master chef

I went back on the Sunday afternoon, got their a bit earlier this time and fished off Lodge Bank again although I did walk through to the other side of the sailing club to have a look at Wally Bank, looks good but will go there on an all day session. The wind was all over the place today and from speaking to other anglers not a lot being caught. 3rd cast and I had one about 2 rod lengths out, it must have followed the buzzers in and a cracking fish it was to, 4lb 9oz.


4lb 9oz

I did not get another pull and packed up at 7 pm but overall a good weekend even though it was in short bursts. That's it for the fluff chucking for a while (I think), match next weekend and the river will be open the following weekend, looking forward to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment