Sunday 10 February 2013

Getting back to normal

I had hoped to have a few hours on the River Kenn today but given the weather I decided to sort my life out at home after 10 days in the Middle East where the sun was shining all day and a very comfortable 25 degrees. It was a fantastic holiday visiting 3 ports in United Arab Emirates and Muscat in Oman. What a civilised place it was and has changed my view on that part of the world, mind you across the gulf was Iran and Iraq and to the south Yemen, I have no intention of checking these destinations out just yet. We actually flew over Baghdad to get there and return home!!!!
The cruise lasted 7 days with the last 2 at the Atlantis Hotel on the Palm, the hotel also had a fantastic aquarium. On our dinner table at night we had a couple from Dublin so the craic Here are some pics

Well one half of the Blues Brothers is ready for dinner


No comments:

Post a Comment