Sunday 10 February 2013

Getting back to normal (unfortunetly)

After 10 days in the Middle East I was hoping to wet a line on the River Kenn for a few hours but it didn't happen. I guess I was spoilt over the last couple of weeks with glorious sunshine and temperatures of 25 degree's. Bit of a change now with continuous rain and a high of 5 or 6 degrees. I did check my gear out yesterday and it does need some maintenance so hope to get out somewhere next weekend. The 7 day cruise was great visiting 3 ports in the UAE and Muscat in Oman, it changed my view on these countries and we could learn a lot from them, no tax, minimum crime and  very clean. Mind you to the south was the Yemen and to the North East was Iran and Iraq. On the cruise we had great company in the evenings by way of a couple from Dublin so the craic was great. The 2 days we had in Dubai before coming home was also fantastic staying at the Atlantis on 'The Palm', it also had an excellent aquarium, here are some pics, hope to get out next week whatever but not sure where yet, the Kenn on the gravels is beckoning me though.

One of the Blues Bro's ready for dinner


Muscat Oman


Tallest building in the world the Buri Khalifa in Dubai, went up 140 floors in less that a minute

View from the top


Our hotel


Never far away from the fish, did look into some game fishing but they wanted 500 dollars for 4 hours!


Spot the wife (I am dead if she reads this)

Well for those of you who went out today I hope it was worth it, dry out soon.



1 comment:

  1. Looks lovely, shame about the weather you had....lol. I would love to go up that building, does it wobble a little?

    Just picked up a match list from Cabdury, so hopefully come march you will have at least me fishing a few of your matches.

    Stay safe fella.

    ReplyDelete