Monday 3 June 2019

Sunday 2nd June - Angling Trust Canal Pairs Qualifier, Gloucester Canal

Team mate Chris Hook and I won this qualifier last year but there were only 12 pairs. This year we were more than surprised to see 27 pairs entered, some of who hadn't seen the venue before.

I can't write too much as I am still totally distraught with my experience, remember I blanked last week at Simms. Well on this match I drew peg 30 on Hempstead Straight, total shite. Chris was a little better drawing 227 below Rea just out of the bend.

With good local anglers on good pegs we didn't stand a chance and fair play they down exceptionally well but I firmly believe Chris and I would have done OK as well given that we have been fishing the place for about 5 years now.

I mustered one bootlace for 1 fecken ounce!!!!!
Chris done 3lb plus with a decent bream late and a skimmer beating quite a few around him.

At least we had a go and we stayed the full 5 hours.

Nomads Team Manager made the rest of the Team aware that I was a bit low posting the following on our Facebook Page....

I've just spoken to Ivan Currie As some of you may know Ivan was involved in a nasty incident with the drawbag yesterday. He drew Peg 30 on Hempsted straight* ☹️ He remains under light sedation but his psychiatrist said it was OK to talk as long as we were brief. He was a bit subdued but that is to be expected.

I simply just cannot draw a decent peg on the Glossy this year, think I was spoiled last year.

Have I had enough of it?
Nearly ...... but back on it this weekend for the 1st round of the S.W. Super League.

Anyway.....

Well done to Jon Tocknell and Gary Townsend in coming first with 5 points. Jon was on the ''Bend'' and came 4th in the Section with 18lb while Gary won his from zone B, not sure what weight.


Jon with his bag today

The second pair to qualify was Shaun Bryan and Mark Gaylard. Shaun was also on the ''Bend'' flyer 46 and was also 2nd in the match with 35lb.


Shaun with his 2nd placed overall net and 2nd in the pairs

The final pair to qualify was Andy Jane and Andy Richings. Andy J Actually won the match off 24 with 39lb, a great weight from down that end. Sorry no photo available.

So now I need to get my head straight and up the medication as necessary to prepare for Sunday......what can possibly go wrong!!!!!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment