Friday 3 June 2016

Thursday 2nd June - Bristol City Docks 'evening knock up' Baltic Wharf.

This was my 5th go at the Thursday evening 'knock up' match in the city docks currently being held at Baltic Wharf.
I had it in my head to fish long tonight and try and tempt one or two of the bream that are making an appearance. Leading up to the day I was going to fish short ... this sort of explains perhaps why i am getting it wrong ..... cannot make up my mind. It is a moody venue and no two weeks have been the same.
This week I was in-between Pete Sivell and in form Dave Wilmott. At least I would see up close how these two regulars fished.
I must have put in at least 6 balls of caster and hemp laced ground bait at the start and about fourth put in had a net skimmer. Dave was catching the odd fish short (5 meters) and Pete who usually starts on the straight lead over ground bait at 13 meters had a nice skimmer as well, bigger than mine.
I caught the odd small fish and a couple of eels along with a small flounder but was going nowhere fast. Peter really started to put a nice net together when he came in on the 5 meter line which included a dog roach of 1lb 10ozs.
After 9 p.m. the end pegs towards the dock gates started to produce a few bream, they would definitely have a big impact on the results.
I tipped back what I had just after the all out (no more than 2lbs).
Jason Bird won the evening with 2  bream and bits for over 13lbs, caught I believe at 6 or 7 meters.


Jason with his winning bag.

SW Super League practice on the Gloucester Canal on Sunday with the first official match in the league the Sunday after.

Need to sort out my act for next Thursday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment