Saturday 22 August 2015

Saturday 22nd August - Pleasure session River Kenn

With the wife away for the weekend I had a free Saturday and managed to do all I needed to do around the home on the Friday evening. I called into Cadbury Angling  www.cadburyangling.co.uk/ late Friday afternoon to get my bait for the SW Super League Match which is at Newbridge tomorrow, I had enough bait left over from last week for the session on the Kenn.
It was nice to wake up to no alarm on the Saturday and all day to myself so no rush. I arrived in Clevedon around 09:30 and was on peg 9 or 10 (not sure as peg numbers missing but there abouts). I had all the gear with me but decided to just use the waggler, it was already set up so just a case of doing the necessary adjustments. There were quite a few fish topping but decided to fish the middle at full depth to start with just loose feeding caster as the water was gin clear.

Nice looking peg

There was no wind and a little flow but I knew the wind was forecast later and high tide was around 12:00.
As expected first fish was a perch after about 20 minutes followed by a few more then it went dead. I kept at it and changed to pinkie on the hook and the roach responded ... sort off before backing off. I decided to put a few golf sized balls of GB in laced with pinkie and caster and that was what they wanted.

Plump roach

I also had some small skimmers and hybrids.

Tidy hybrid

I finished the session just after 15:00 and the spring balance went 13lb 4oz. Passers by took a pic for me.

My catch, happy with that.

Looking forward to Newbrdge tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment