Tuesday 20 January 2015

Sunday 11th January - Commercial House League final match, K & A Canal Bath to Limpley Stoke

So the final round of the league was upon us and we were lying bottom of A Div but only just by less than 2 points. We left after the draw in a positive frame of mind and a can do attitude. Bloodworm and Joker was obtained again via Bristol Angling Center and there was plenty of it. I drew B Section which fished poor in the previous weeks match but it is what it is. I forgot my Barrow legs and handles so parked with James Gunter who drew A Section and piggy backed some of my gear onto his trolley and carried the rest to his peg before borrowing his trolley for the final leg, which was ok. In my Section was Tim Ford who I met part way along B Section and had been pegged under electric wires so a bit of a shuffle took place as well as an exchange of words with a boat owner who wanted to moor in Tim's knew peg. Thankfully common sense prevailed and everyone was happy.
I got to my peg B7 and was inbetween two boats, one vacant but a young couple in the other. The female came out to empty the ashes from their stove, it was very cold outside and she had a very tight top on.... get the picture..... I didn't.

So set up was simply bread rig down the track, chop worm and caster under the nearside boats and one point across on the far bank, joker helping on bottom of far shelf in two places.
I had a 4oz roach on the bread first put in a boat came through and that was it, I will summarise the rest of the match by simply saying I struggled everywhere with every rig and bait ending up with 2lb 2oz for 2 points from 6.
See Tim Fords blog for his report on the Section and overall, well done to Tim who picked up the biggest fish prize in the league and won the individual. http://cluckerspeg.blogspot.co.uk/
Back at the Rugby the Team slowly arrived, Don had 8lb at Limpley stoke for 4 points from 6! Sam had 6lb odd for 5 points, Lewis won his section with 1lb 10oz!!!! and spookly enough met Noel Emunds who was walking along the Towpath.

Noel Edmonds

Noel Edmunds re-action when he saw Lewis fishing skills

Collectively we did not do enough to escape going into B Div next year, needed an extra 0.5 points! ah well.

It has been an enjoyable league and very very well organised with good banter.

Next up for me is Somerset Rivers League on the Tone down at Taunton, lets hope we don't get much more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment