Tuesday 1 July 2014

Sunday 29th June SW Super League Bristol Avon - Staverton and Barton Farm

This was the 2nd Match of the series and following the practice match we had last week we were fairly confident of catching a few fish. All I can say is after this match the only way is up. We finished last on the day, Chris and I had only 1 point finishing last in our sections. Young Lewis who fishes for us occassionaly drew Barton Farm and lost a couple of decent fish and came home with 3 points, the rest of the team came around the halfway or just above mark in their sections. Not good. My section (a) was won by Liam Bradell (Thatchers)with 7lb 13oz of mainly bleak)from peg 1. I was on peg 8 and had 2lb 5oz, the first peg in b section, Paul Purchase weighed even less 1lb 10oz, the weight above me was 4lb odd and ten it got better as you went up. I did fish a positive match and don't think I could have done much better. The swim was plumbed at 6 foot at 13 meters but due to the weed I could only get it to run through at about 4 foot and then it shallowed up again towards the end. I set up a wag as well for the far bank but againg impossible to fish it properley due to the weed. A few roach came on the inside on hemp but bites were few and far between. The match was won with 50lb odd, Andy Powell and Gary Eitheridge had 30lb, both down at Barton Farm, can't remember who and the consistent Thatchers Team won the day but their captain Mark Harper had a bit of a nightmare day weighing 2oz. There lots of low weights and lower than mine but that's fishing on natural venues.

 I complemented the swims at Staverton last week, here is a picture showing you what I mean, very clear and no chance of being washed away in a winter flood.



and here is my peg for what its worth



Sunday coming see's us on the Huntspill for the 1st of 4 matches although I will miss the last one. Practice match this week, followed by the Angling Trust match then the 3rd Super League match.


No comments:

Post a Comment