Wednesday 23 July 2014

Sunday 20th July SW Super League River Huntspill

On the Huntspill for the 3rd week running now, the first 2 matches I was drawn on the North Bank which has fished awful. This time I drew peg 72 at Woolavington which apparently was ok.... really! My Section was won with 5lb and I managed a credable 5 points out of 8. I had a small skimmer first chuck on the tip in the middle and that was it. The remainder of my 2lb 13oz was on the pole made up of small roach and a couple of bootlace eels. The section above me was not that good either but did produce the winning weight of 50lb. Glenn Calvert won his Section at Gold Corner with 12lb plus beating England International Des Shipp. We scrapped a few other mediocre points to finish some way down the table on the day and now are at 6th overall. I miss this weeks match (on the Huntspill again) as I am off to Canada and Alaska. First week is a Cruise and the second week is fishing with my wifes cousins, salmon hopefully. I have mentioned the River Kenn over the last few weeks and it just seems to be getting better. Here is a fantastic bag of 37 bream caught by Simon Carvello from Peg 9 estimated at around 160lb..

2 comments:

  1. Great bream fishing continues on the Kenn, at the Avalon match we heard about the huntspill draw, great work Glenn, thanks Ivan for the press

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is such a pose wise, in this day and age, I can't think this did the fish a lot of good, shame, as it detracts from a good catch and good news that the Kenn still holds a decent head of fish.

    ReplyDelete