Thursday 16 May 2013

Sad times but fond memories


For those of you who know me or read my blog will know that I have not fished for a few weeks. I have been travelling backwards and forwards from N Ireland for the last 5 weeks as my brother was diagnosed with cancer less than 6 weeks ago. Sadly he passed away on the 10th May, my prayers were answered as he went peacefully and without pain. He was a great trout angler and we enjoyed quite a few trips to Dungannon Lake in Co. Tyrone when I went to visit him and his family.



Last year I took him up to Chew Valley Lake and he could not get over the size of it, more trips were on the cards this year but sadly this will not happen. Hopefully his son Matthew will be able to join me instead and who knows he may well end up representing N Ireland in the Trout Masters Final like his Dad.
As for me I hope to get back out on the bank somewhere this weekend, there is a Clevedon Club Match at Trinity but I don't fancy it just yet but I will be at the following match.
So I am still around and will continue with the blog.



1 comment:

  1. Sad to hear Ivan.
    Glad it was quick and (it sounds) relatively painless. Must have been a softening blow.

    I wont be at the match on Sunday as I have a match on Avalon with Pawlett, however I should be at Shiplate (unless I win sunday to qualify for 'winners' match)

    Regards
    Lee

    ReplyDelete