Tuesday 23 October 2012

Sunday 21st Oct River Avon Swineford

This was meant to be an interclub between Clevedon, Frys and Frome Vale. Only Barry Fowler and I turned up from Clevedon, 5 from Frys and 4 from Frome Vale.
The river had been high for a couple of weeks and was running off nicely but still had a lot of pace. Dean Harvey and I pegged it and everyone had some slack water some more than others but thats river fishing for you.
I drew peg 3 with a little slack and barry drew peg 1 which is permanet peg 2, Barrys peg looked like the one to draw but personally some of the pegs around 5, 6 and 7 appeared to have more potential.
I had slack to my right but it had a lot of mini wirls as the current pushed into the bank and back out again.
I set up 2 feeder rods, on ewith a 42grm and the other with a 30grm.
View from my peg below.

I had 1.5 pints of caster and worm plus some reds. Second chuck down to my right I started getting small knocks, after a few misses I hit a roach then a dace and a few more roach all in the first hour. To cut a long story short I only ended up with 10oz.
Dale Harvey had about 12lb of pike! and nothing else, pike did not count!!!!
The top weight was Dean Harvey with just over 5lb of nice roach, pic below.



Dean caught most of his fish on the float, he did have a lovely piece of slack water. On reflection I should have laid on a rod length out with a 12BB crowquil but hey ho. Barry on peg 1 weighed in 1lb 10oz.
Still nice to be back on the river, 2 anglers also caught some nice brown trout.
Not sure about next Sunday, Frys are holding a match on their stretch of the Avon so could be tempted if Clevedon don't have a match, according to my calender its Trinty Waters but yet to be confirmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment