Monday 19 March 2012

Sunday 18th March Clevedon Club Match Acorn Fishery Kingston Seymour

This was the final club match on the 11/12 calander, on top of this the club championship was also riding on the result, well 1st and 2nd place were taken care of and it was Match Secretary Barry Fowler and I fighting for either 3rd or 4th place (coin was also involved), going into the match Barry was lying 3rd but his position could change depending how we both faired. I arrived at the fishery in good time to have a breakfast, not the £5.50 gut buster but the smaller £3.75 model which is basically one of everything instead of two. A match had been fished on the venue the previous day and 70lb odd won it with good backing weights, matches are fished on Acorn every Tue, Sat and Sun now which is a lot of pressure, I didn't think it would fish that well. Peg 36 has been in the in form area. At the draw I pulled out peg 38, Barry drew 34 - interesting!
I have never been on this part of the lake before and was reasonably content. On my left and on bridge peg 40 was Adie Baker who had already won the club championship, Barry was the next angler to my left. Plumbing up I found a deep hole at 11m straight across and approx 6' and at 10 and 2 o;clock I had about 5', nearside margins were around 2' as the lake level was down about 2'.
3 rigs today 4x14 to 0.13 and 0.10 hooklength with a 16 mt6, either side exactly the same but shallower, down the margins 4x14 straight through on 0.13 to a 16 mt6. Feed in front was mirco and dead red, either side green swim stim, micro and dead red, margins a mix of micro and 4mm.
First put in straight across and after 5 mins with dead red on the hook a foul hooker which I landed, the fish was around 2lb. By this time Adie on peg 40 had two in the net fishing in the shadown of the bridge (he has been drawing well this year), never mind Barry was blanking. Out again and after a 20 min wait this time on soft 6mm I was in again, proper mouth hooked and about 3lb or so, Adie was still catching small carp, Barry still had not had a fish. I then tried the other two distance lines and only could catch small skimmers and baby tench on soft 4mm. Down to my right hand margin produced on a skimmer about 1.5lb. Most people I could see were struggling so I just kept adding small skimmers when I could and a couple of more carp graced the net. At the weigh in I had 8lb of silvers and 15lb of carp, Barry weighed in 12lb.
Top weight on the day was Simon Carvallo pictured below with 58lb 4oz, Simon caught very late in the match at 16m when the wind dropped on banded 6mm.



2nd was Mike Owens bridge peg 34 with 45lb 12oz, micro feed 6mm soft on the hook, pic below.


3rd was Adie Baker bridge peg 40 with 45lb 6oz! Adie caught on all sorts, pic below.


In summary Simon was on an end peg and 2nd and 3rd anglers were on bridges.
I finished 6th overall.

In terms of the club champion (best results from 12 matches).

1st Adie Baker wins £132
2nd Simon Carvallo wins £105
3rd Ivan Currie wins £75
4th Barry Fowler wins £55

Nothing scheduled for next week but will have a look around to see whats on.

No comments:

Post a Comment