Wednesday 7 March 2012

6th March Tuesday Tenner open Acorn Fishery Kingston Seymour

This will not take long.....
Given that I have the week off work I booked into the Tuesday Tenner open at Acorn. I arrived 20 minutes beore the draw and paid my £12.00! £2 was for the silvers pool, looking around I counted 18 anglers but there could have been more. A discussion with Paul Faires beore the draw suggested a peg in the 20's would be good. I draw 26, a bit too high a number for my liking 22 or 23 would have been better, Paul drew 18 and immediately stated he was going for silvers.
There had been an overnight frost and the sun was high really bright, if you look at the two pics below you will see conditions were not great (how blue is that sky)


view from my peg looking up towards lower numbers


view from my peg face on

Over the match I landed 3 carp (only one hooked in the mouth), lost 6 foul hookers, 1 chub about 1lb, 1 skimmer abouy 8oz and a small roach bumped a couple of good skimmers as well. Peg 23 on my left blanked and the peg above him did not weigh as he only had 3 carp about a pound each. I estimated I had about 8lb. I quickly walked around the lake and most people were chucking their nets up the bank. I did see a 34lb weight and there was a silver weight of about 5 to 6lbs. I established taht there would be a ew other nets of 6 to 8 carp. That was it for me so back to the peg and put mine back. A hard fustrating day with the fish not interested in feeding but then it was the same or everyone. As usual at this time of year the bridge pegs did a lot better than the others.
On the Bristol Avon again this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment