Wednesday 23 March 2022

Bristol Feeder Canal, 1st session Sunday 20th March 2022

 Summary......

My earliest visit to the Bristol Feeder Canal and didn’t really know what to expect. 

As I drove into Bristol at 0800 I could see the tide was in so a good chance it would run off early in the session. Fished approximately 0915 to 1515. Wind was a pain and the flow was all over the place due to lock gates opening and closing. 

I fished 2 x 1 gram rigs, one at 13 meters and one at 7. Both had 20 hooks.

I fed small balls of Sensas Black Lake, Gros Gardons Noire and a little Leam laced with dead reds and pinkie fishing red maggot on the hook. The bait was over 2 weeks old but looked ok.

I had my first bite within 10 minutes and then started catch very small dace just off the bottom. When the flow picked up I put another 4 inches on the depth and to be honest could have done with a 2 to 2.5 grammer float at times in order to hold back harder.

I was surprised when I had a dumpy roach at 7 metres.

Managed quite a few small dace some stamp roach and a couple of perch for around 6lbs. 

Nice to see a few roach showing early and it can only get better.

The mid week session will begin week commencing 28th March and with the temperatures on the up the skimmers will move in.





No comments:

Post a Comment