Sunday 23 March 2014

Still catching up on sleep, work and what's been happening on the angling front while I have been away

I got back from Thailand last Sunday night after a 12 hour flight from Bangkok, prior to boading the plane at Bangkok we had an hour flight up from the Phuket region. It has more or less taken me up until now to recover, a busy first week back at work did not help either. In addition to this going from 34 degrees to 9 or 10 was hard. Our outbound flight from Heathrow was on 1st March and heres who I met while waiting to board the plane.


Really nice guy and we talked about some of his extreme fishing programmes as well as the funny side of fishing, he was telling me that the Discovery Channel are taking on the rights to the programme so lots more to follow from Robson. I should have done an interview for Jamie Rich http://againstmenandfish.blogspot.co.uk/
Only saw him again waiting to get his passport checked the other end, no doubt he went Business Class.

While on holiday I looked high and low for a proper fishing charter but most of them catered for tourist with either hand lines or sharing a fishing rod for 15 mins at a time, not me really,there was another commercial type fishery but grossly overstocked and over priced.
Overall the holiday was fantastic and I would put it in my top 3 of all time. I have to say the Thai women play 'ping pong' different to us lol, that was a whole new experience.

On checking my e mails last week I had these two pictures sent by Clevedon Club Secretary Scott Smallwood, both he and Simon Carvallo had a good last day on the river Kenn. Check Simons catch out, 45lb to 50lb of roach from peg 98, yes roach and some real dog's among them.


and Scotts tench.....



Who said the River Kenn had no fish!!!!

I did not go out today as I had a few jobs to catch up on as well as some work, but did manage to get the Fly Fishing gear ready as Chew opened yesterday so a visit needs to be planned soon. On Wednesday we have a Maver Cadbury Angling Team meeting to discuss the forthcoming SW Super League, with matches on Gloucester Canal, Huntspill, K & A Canal and the Bristol Avon, can't wait. Next Sunday there is a club match at Shiplate Farm so hope to attend that.

Still catching up on the other blogs so look forward to reading them - tight lines and good to be back (I think).

3 comments:

  1. Did you do any fishing in Thailand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. no mate, no suitable venues that I could find, only tourist type family fishing which did not interest me. If I went again I would take a telescopic rod etc as plenty of snapper fishing along the coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was it your first time in Thailand? I love the place

    ReplyDelete