Monday 9 September 2013

5 Sleeps to go

I did not go fishing this weekend for 2 reasons the 1st was due to taking my youngest daughters stuff up to North Acton where her student accommodation is and prior to her starting her degee course at the London College of fashion. The 2nd reason was I have started preparing my gear for Ireland, departing Saturday 14th Sept to 21st, 5 of us going in total. Lightening up the seat box is important and not carrying anything you don't need like carp rigs (they have still been in my box despite not fishing a commercial since June. Lines for hooklengths at 0.09 and 0.10 are also out as 0.13 is the minimum. Hook sizes of 12, 14 and 16 are all that's required plus big wagglers and 30g to 40b feeders. Braid and a braid / mono hybrid loaded on feeder reels and 0.15 on the float reels is a must due to the continuous casting. I have started to make up 2.5 and 5 g pole rigs as you can get a lot of fish at 10 to 13 meters. Location will be the Anglers Rest in Ballyconnell run by Irish International Francis McGoldrick, Francis has an excellet Tackle Shop and Resturant and give out good advice. I hope to provide a full update on my return sometime during week commencing 22nd September with photo's depending on how focused I will be as I have been known to have the odd Guiness!




Brackley Lough Ballyconnell - wonderful

No comments:

Post a Comment